Monday, July 2, 2012

So today was a fairly uneventful day. I have already started obsessing over the fact that I have to go "Extreme" zip lining in a couple of days. Why does it have to be extreme? Why can't it be ziplining down a mountain at a leisurely pace ? Or just walking down a a mountain? Basically this is all I will think about until we do it. Bet you can't wait to read the aftermath post of that event. We left Anguilla and came back to St. Maarten today. We really loved it there. The beach was beautiful but I could have stayed in the infinity pool for life. Except for the cost and the pretentious folk, we loved it. Perfect getaway for our little honeymoon. One story I forgot to mention from last night was when we were done with dinner, for some reason I felt the need to drink the rest of my wine in one big final gulp. Huge mistake because I could not keep it down and spit the red wine all over the table. We left quickly. I am learning French food maybe my favorite type of food besides my real favorite -- all you can eat buffets. That is the best type. We had a great little lunch today in Marigot when we got back to the island. Strangely with everything yor order they give you french fries. We split a pizza and salad and they brought us French fries. Even weirder thing about lunch was that I ordered a mimosa and the waiter had no idea what that word meant. When I said champagne and orange juice he literally brought me a glass of champagne and a glass of orange juice. Allegedly the mimosa was invented in Paris in 1925. Between this, the french fries and the pizza, I am thinking this was not legit French food. We did go to a great French restaurant tonight in Grand Case. It is "a ways" up the island. We really enjoyed the meal there and will be going back to the area for a birthday dinner on Friday. It is my birthday dinner if you forgot. One thing I have been noticing about myself is this stupid thing I do when the waiter comes over and asks us how the food is, I give him/her the thumbs up. Who does that? Me. And I have caught myself doing it at almost every meal. Why? It is either because my mouth is full or I am just the biggest dork in the world. Tomorrow an early run and then who knows. We are working on aschedule for the rest of the week. I need my life scheduled. Mike accomodates when possible.

1 comment:

  1. How far away exactly was that French restaurant, Scott?
    "Oh, it's a ways..."
    Thanks for the laugh, as always!

    ReplyDelete