Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our day of being popular...will it last?

So if you didn't know this about me, you will now. I love to have people love me and more importantly I love to be the center of attention. I had kept telling Mike that I couldn't understand why people wouldwant to be our best friends on the trip and want to hang out wiht us. All over Anguilla and St. Maarten, I was being my funny, charming self and no one was taking the bait. Surely, it was them and not me and my husband. Until today. Between Mike and I we racked up friends galore. Ok some of it was through alcohol so who knows if any of this is real or champagne/adrenaline induced. But we are gonna milk these forced friendships for all they are worth. Heres how it goes down...Oh and best part...this blog will be a cliffhanger... The weather was much better this morning so Mike would finally get a chance to zip line. Having already conquered the wimpy route, I was destined to lounge in the freshwater pool and drink champagne and chambourd all morning. It was a beautiful morning and I let Mike suit up and go be as extreme as he wanted. Mike went off with the group and I set up at the pool. Mike conquered the great travel friend divide by meeting a couple from San Francisco while zip lining. He shared that he had a wimp husband down below and they shared their troubles with getting robbed and not finding a single good meal on the island. When Mike landed from his adventurous trip, we had dinner plans for this evening with Shawn and Annabelle. To me they sound like a Disney Prince and Princess but I met them and they seemed real (even after 3 drinks before noon). Cliffhanger #1: Will they actually meet us at SkipJacks at 8:30 tonight? They are from San Fran so they must be cool with the Gays. Stay tuned. While I was at the pool, I met Pat and Rick from Southenr California. They were a nice couple in their sixties who brought their three children, their spouses and grandchildren to St. Maarten. Pat and Rick were babysitting while some of their kids went ziplining. Mike was back and soon went to thank them for keeping his wimpy husband company. How Nice! We enjoyed their grandkids Riley (5) and Tyler (2) who reminded us of our neices and nephew back home. We had a nice swim. But we contnued to drink and use the rest of our gift certificate from Lauren and Tony Sturchio. By the way, all this Loterie Farm talk is brought to you by the Sturchio's. Their generous wedding gift made it possible. Back to the start of cliffhanger #2 - Pat, Rick and Mike and I met another couple while swimming. At this point, the champagne has clouded my memory and Mike's is clouded by El Presidentes. We have no idea what these people's names are but we do know they were there celebrating their 7th anniversary, they moved to St. Maarten from South Africa, they own a restaurant and several bars in St. Maarten and we are meeting them tomorrow at 12:30 PM for drinks. I have no idea who we are going to ask for. I remember the bartender at the restaurant they own is named Roger and he is ugly but I will never remember this couple's names. I remember we really enjoyed their company and celebrated with another bottle of champagne but have no idea if these people are real or not. So we will go to the Three Palms tomorrow afternoon and see what happens. We are thinking they aren't going to remember us either. By they way...there was an earthquake last night. We thought it was our imagination but it registered 5.2. We are fine if you were worried.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I was literally unable to sleep until I checked in to the blog to "see what happens" ... Hurry up!! I feel like you need another strong day-drink day to finish the story.

    ReplyDelete